A Project Sponsored by National Science Foundation (BCS #1638446)
Home » Uncategorized » 4. Please list the issues or challenges that ABM could help out but not well addressed in order to advance research in your domain (or specifically list the barriers that prevent you from using ABM).
Modeling how people interact with one another and with the environment.
Develop ABM-specific experimental design protocol to add transparency to the whole process of “model conceptualization – development – simulation” and augment the analysis of outcomes: http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/18/4/4.html
What sampling sequences are appropriate when dealing with a very large number of like inputs (e.g. n-values of a-attribute for n agents)?
Which output analysis methods are appropriate in which contexts?
What about model auditing?
How to operationalize ABM robustness?
Such a deep anwrse! GD&RVVF
Integrating social and economic networks and network analysis techniques into ABMs. This includes representing not only network structures in ABMs, but also processes of network formation and change and how agent respond to dynamic network signals.
When aiming to develop agent-based models one faces the question of how to build them and where to start. This can be challenging not only for novices in the field but also for multidisciplinary teams where it is often difficult to engage everyone in the modelling process. Over the years we have developed a quite sophisticated “plan of attack” in form of a framework (which I will present during the poster session) that guides the model development and can be used by either individuals or teams. The framework uses concepts and tools from Software Engineering where it is common to use a formal approach to System Analysis and Design.
– How do I use real data to parameterize the behavior of agents?
– What is the best probability distribution to use for a transition
– What are the methods used to tune a model and make it “realistic” when it is not possible to validate it with real data
– What are the appropriate statistical methods for the analysis of agent behavior, complex interactions and the role and importance of each networks.
– How to add spatial information in the form of rasters (grids) to describe environmental conditions such as maps of wind speed, temperature, humidity level etc.
– How to integrate social and economic constraints influencing agents
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *