Current CHES Members
- Li An, Professor (2005 ~ present; CV)
- Marcus Chiu, Data and Technical Analyst (2013 ~ present; CV)
- Jie Dai, PhD Candidate (2013 ~ present; CV)
- Dissertation title: "Community forestry in Chitwan Valley, Nepal - Challenges with the invasion of Mikania micrantha"
- William Orihuela, M.S. Candidate (2014 ~ present; CV)
- Thesis title: "Spatiotemporal analysis of ambient air pollution in the greater Tokyo area"
- Jeanne Patton, M.S. Student (2015 ~ present; co-advised with John O'Leary)
- Thesis title: "Conifer seedling survivorship in post-fire reforestation Cuyamaca Rancho State Park – San Diego, CA"
- Alexandra Yost, M.S. Student (2017 ~ present)
- Thesis title: "Assessing effects of a PES program on species richness over time and space"
- Huijie Zhang, PhD Student (2018 ~ present; CV)
- Evan Casey, technical assistant (2018 ~ present)
- Candra M. Young, project administrator (2018 ~ present)
- Bo Xiong, visiting graduate student from East China Normal University (2020 ~ present; CV)
- Dr. Haiyan Wang, Visiting Scholar from Beijing Forestry University, China (2017 ~ 2018; CV)
- Judy Mak, M.S. student (2016 ~ 2018)
- Thesis title: "Agent-Based Modeling of Rhinopithecus Brelichi Population and Movements in the Fanjingshan National Nature Reserve"
- Shuang Yang, PhD Candidate (2011 ~ 2018)
- Dr. Guangming He, Research consultant (2016 ~ 2017)
- Dr. Hsiang Ling Chen, Postdoctoral Fellow (2015 ~ 2017; joint appointment with Dr. Rebecca Lewison at SDSU Biology)
- Dr. Xuan Tian, Visiting Scholar from Beijing Forestry University, China (2016 ~ 2017; CV)
- Mengen Lyu, Undergraduate Assistant (2014 ~ 2017)
- Curtis Battle, M.S. Student (2012 ~ 2016)
- Thesis title: "Sex-specific habitat models for bengal tigers (panthera tigris) in Chitwan National Park, Nepal" Abstract
- Qingyun (Rick) Zhang, Research Assistant (2015 ~ 2016)
- Evan Casey, Undergraduate Assistant (2014 ~ 2016) and technical assistant (2018 ~ present)
- Yuejin Deng, Visiting Scholar from Wuhan University, China (2014 ~ 2015; CV)
- Kristin Meseck, M.S. Student (2011 ~ 2013)
- Thesis title: "Habitat distribution for non-native Amazona viridigenalis within San Diego County using Maxent predictive model" Abstract
- Ninghua Wang, PhD (2009 ~ 2013)
- Dissertation title: "Statistics for time-Series spatial data: Applying survival analysis to study land-use change" Abstract
- Jennifer Vaughan, M.S. Student (2008 ~ 2010)
- Thesis title: "Local geographies of the coastal cactus wren and the coastal California gnatcatcher on marine corps base camp Pendleton California" Abstract
- Sarah Wandersee, PhD (2008 ~ 2013; CV Blog)
- Dissertation title: "Land cover and land use change in human environmental systems: Understanding complex interactions among policy and management, livelihoods, and conservation" Abstract
- Alex Zvoleff, PhD (2008 ~ 2013; CV)
- Dissertation title: "Understanding the dynamics of changing land-use and land-cover, population, and climate in the Chitwan Valley, Nepal" Abstract
*** All collaborators Dr. An has worked with are listed under NSF PES project, NSF Nepal project, NASA Ghana project, NSF CDI project, NIH Ghana project, and NSF PIRE Project ***
*** All students Dr. An has mentored or served as committee member ***